Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We walk by faith

It was a dark and foggy night. We were in an unfamiliar town. Our young son nervously asked from the back seat, "Papa, do you know where we're going?"

The question was absurd.

This child had no idea where we even were, let alone where we were going. But he was worried and questioning his Papa, as if he needed his help to find the way.

I said impatiently, "Honey, don't worry! You don't have to know where we are going, all you have to know is Papa knows where we're going."

Immediately, I was stung by the truth of my own words.


Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

Luke 12: 22-28



Thank you Lord, that you know where we are and where we're going.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh, yes. Did I ever need this today. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement.