Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The fort

T1 tore down the brooders awhile ago. They were made of a base of palettes we picked up for free. He took them apart and had them in a pile.

He asked a few days later if they could use the palettes to build a fort. I said, "sure". They were happy outside for chunks of time and would come in filthy dirty. They told me of their fort but I never went out there, until now.

Here is what they have accomplished completely on their own. I bet it was such fun.

I was told that this bench here closest to us was T3's kitchen. She was cooking for the soldiers by piling dirt from the fresh tilled gopher holes onto the makeshift bench. Also, notice the cannon on the far side of the fort.

Reminds me a little of this picture by Winslow Homer entitled "Home Sweet Home" 1863.

No comments: