Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Humility

Our original rooster (Moon Rooster) has realized that our newer rooster (William Wallace ie: Tank) is king. He wins. He's the head honcho. Can you even find Moon Rooster in this picture?

He's in there.

Look close.

Look low and near the ground.

Some of you will remember Charlotte the Spider's definition of the word humble as "not proud and near the ground" (E.B. White) to describe Wilbur the Pig. I would say that pretty much sums it up for Moon Rooster nowadays.



He has become a much more humble rooster. I took this picture while I held him in my left arm. I picked him up shortly after he had another, shall we say "run-in" with Wallace. He let me carry him to Mrs. Brown's funeral while he meekly lay on my arm with his eyes closed.
He was so sweet!

To think this was the big, bad boy that used to ruffle his neck feathers out and attack the us!

After a few good thrashings he is a teddy bear!





Poor little guy. This is where he hides out now when everybody's outside together. We have had to puuuuuuul him out on a few occasions, I honestly think he would die in there if not for us. I don't think he can get out. We've since blocked up the hole so you can rest easy tonight.

So what does humility do for you?

It can make people who hated you and wanted to chop your head off actually feel sorry for you and care about you!

T2 was all talk about getting rid of this mean ole' rooster a little bit ago.

Now?

He asks if he can go out and 'check' on him. He carrys him around under his arm. The other day after he had rescued him after another rooster fight he sadly told me, "Mama, he's lost all of his prettiness."

God resists the proud,

But gives grace to the humble

James 4:6

As much as I want to be big, tough and perfect it doesn't serve me well to be that way. I don't want God to resist me. I want His grace. I NEED His grace!

I'm thinking Moon Rooster's posture looks a lot more friendly than it used to.


No comments: