Precious moments with my husband and children are like bubbles. They appear suddenly, float by gently and disappear. I'd like to try to capture them here. Grandma always told me "It's the best time of your life when your babies are small." I'd like to prove her right and savor every minute.
It really is sad, they spend their entire lives in a box. They probably never see a green plant or the blue sky in their lives.
I know they are just chickens and are serving a purpose, but especially now that we have chickens. They have personalities and they are curious, etc.
It's sad to think that the majority of eggs in this country are 'produced' by these little machines that big business is using in such a perverted way.
At least they have a cage mate. I've read that you shouldn't have just one chicken. They are social and need a companion.
I guess I should explain why "I love it!" I love that you are giving your chickens a chance to be so happy. And, they really are, aren't they? I feel so good about trying to provide eggs for our families that don't come at the exspense of sad chickens. I just hope our chickens produce eggs! We're still waiting for them to be old enough.
7 comments:
Oh, I love it!
That top picture makes me so sad. I'm not kidding. That is terrible.--Sue
It really is sad, they spend their entire lives in a box. They probably never see a green plant or the blue sky in their lives.
I know they are just chickens and are serving a purpose, but especially now that we have chickens. They have personalities and they are curious, etc.
It's sad to think that the majority of eggs in this country are 'produced' by these little machines that big business is using in such a perverted way.
At least they have a cage mate. I've read that you shouldn't have just one chicken. They are social and need a companion.
I guess I should explain why "I love it!" I love that you are giving your chickens a chance to be so happy. And, they really are, aren't they? I feel so good about trying to provide eggs for our families that don't come at the exspense of sad chickens. I just hope our chickens produce eggs! We're still waiting for them to be old enough.
Meela,
They seem happy. They do make us happy! How old are your chickens? I can't wait for you to get your first egg. It is so exciting!
It sounds weird, and I wasn't expecting to be so excited, but it is a great feeling. The eggs are truly treasures.
How's life?
This is so true, after reading your blog I have been considering getting a few chickens!
Newlyweds,
DO IT!!! That is exciting! You won't be sorry. They are so fun.
Debra
Post a Comment