Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sugarfree Flourfree Friday: Peach Cobbler



After the Girl's Weekend I have a couple boxes of peaches to use up. This morning I purposed to try to make some sort of cobbler we could eat. I searched online but didn't find anything that was sugar/flour free. I scanned a few cookbooks and came up with my own mish-mash recipe that the kids and I liked so well, we ate it up and I made a second batch for when Papa came home from work.




First I blanched and peeled 4 peaches then sliced them into a baking dish. I sprinkled some cinnamon and stevia over the peaches.







Topping:

2 c. whole oats

3 T. flax meal

1 T. cinnamon

2 T. unsweetened coconut

2 packets of NuNaturals Stevia

1 cube butter


Mix dry ingredients then mix in softened (or melted) butter with a fork.




Spoon topping over peaches. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.


It's not overly sweet of course, but we had no trouble cleaning the bowl.



Note to self: Don't get too close to the steaming peach cobbler or your lens will fog up.



Speaking of sweets, how about these two? After a morning of reading in bed, they picked me these pretty flowers today.

Feel free to share any sugarfree flourfree recipes you enjoy. Have a great weekend!

No comments: