Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Busy hens



It's funny to watch the chickens scratching in the garden. Check it out.



This is more of a front row seat to the scratching action. I wonder what they are eating? They scratch up the straw really well don't they? There are lots of spiders and bugs hiding in the shade I suppose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Debra,
OKAY - THIS IS PERFECT!! We are reading "Along Came A Dog" and today my Lizzie Bee was asking about the hens "scratching". She will love this. And then, we are learning about how they will all turn on one hen if there is anything "different" about her. If you haven't - you HAVE to read this - now!!
Thanks for posting this. God ALWAYS seems to do this for our homeschool.

Ring true,

Nancy

Debra said...

Nancy,

That's great. I wish you could come on over and watch them in person. They are the best!

Okay, I just held "Along came a dog" on the library website.

Hey, I wonder if I could find it at Paperback Swap...huuh?? Yeah! Love PBS.

And you meet nice folks over there.

;)