Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sugarfree Flourfree Friday: Apple slices



Okay, I know you all know about apple slices as a snack for you kids. But we're trying to cut down on sugar these days.

Why should we cut down on sugar?

Sugar causes insulin resistance. Sugar feeds cancer cells, which thrive on glucose. Sugar can cause vericose veins. Sugar feeds candida yeast. Sugar compromises your immune system for hours after you eat it. Sugar wrinkles your skin and ages your entire body. Sugar causes inflammation and fluid retention. Sugar rises triglyceride levels in the blood. Sugar depletes the nutrients, including chromium, that would keep you lean and stabilize your blood sugar. Sugar causes insulin to make your body store fat.

I think you get it now.

I'm preaching to myself right now as much as to you. The bottomline is our bodies were not made to eat the amount of sugar that we are able to easily eat these days.





You probably know about stevia too, but my experience has been it's somewhat bitter taste.

Enter NuNaturals NuStevia!

NuStevia has zero calories and is safe for diabetics. My friend, Maria told me about this and can I just say "Thank You Maria"!





Yes, I actually slice up the apples and arrange them like this for the kids. I haven't always, but it's pretty and doesn't take but an extra minute. It shows them it's a special and yummy treat for them.

And it is!


Okay, really...it's fun for me.





Sprinkle cinnamon and one or less than one little packet over the apple slices.



NOT bitter.



In fact, sweet and tasty.








Mmm mmm mmmmm.

Gooooood cracker!



2 comments:

Big James said...

Now I can use that to balance out the frozen cookie dough idea.

Debra said...

James,

Yes, but you have to try the cookie dough at least once!

Stay tuned for more sugarfree goodness.

Great hearing from you!

;)