Friday, July 25, 2008

A taste of home

I thought since you can't be here, I could at least show you around a bit.

First and foremost is the constant supply of chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better? Ice cream and that...nothing better.




That's what I'm dealing with here.






Here is Jack on the front porch.




I found this big bumble bee on this brilliant cosmos flower in the front yard.



My mom and I took the kids in the back behind the house to climb a big myrtlewood tree. They love it. It's the original play structure!



Here is the back yard that I grew up in. Acres and acres to ride horses, hold salamanders and catch polywogs and frogs. We used to play hide and seek with motorcycles and three wheelers. This is where my Mom grew up too. There is a lot of history here.




I've never seen all these thistles as beautiful, especially when I was younger and had to face them with a mere hoe, but through my lens today they look nice.





Stopping for a little snack, nice little apples. My horse, Sashay, used to back her bum up against that branch that is leaning and bump, bump, bump to shake the tree and knock down apples for herself and her brother, Dynamite. Or was it Dynamite who did the work? Sis?


I did happen upon a library book sale today as I ran into town for batteries. I was eating up all the great books I found.



There were so many and at 50 cents each that was one temptation I could say a hearty YES to.


And just to set your mind at ease I haven't had a single one.



3 comments:

meela said...

such a beautiful place you have!

Debra said...

Yes, it was a great place to grow up. It's nice to be able to take the kids for visits.

How are your chicks doing Meela?

meela said...

The chicks are all doing well. We did have the pasty butt thing with a few of them, that was not fun. I am enjoying them though! I can't wait to get some eggs!