Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8 Days of knitting left

I have been knitting as often as I can, trying to complete gift projects.



T2's vest is almost finished. I didn't get a picture taken of it in it's pre-cut state and for that I am sorry. It was really interesting. I knit in in the round (on one circular needle) and then added steek stitches for the armholes and v-neck. After completing the body, I sewed around the cut line and then cut the armholes and neck.



I picked up stitches around the armholes and neck in order to knit the trim.



Here you see I have one arm done. I forgot to use a smaller needle which is generally done when knitting ribbing. I have it all finished, but I am going to take the neck ribbing out tonight and knit it again with smaller needles, it just doesn't look good.

Trust me.

Overall, I love how this vest looks, I love the yarn (all recycled). It's all wool and will be warm.



I also cut the cardigan open. Now I'm working on the button band and collar. I did both the vest and the cardigan using the general instructions of my knitting hero Elizabeth Zimmermann's book The Knitting Workshop. This is a treasure trove of very vague instructions.


And just to make life sporting, I cast on another last minute project yesterday.

If you see any of my family members don't tell them what I'm knitting! I knit secret projects when they're not around.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Fantastic work, mama! I am in awe.