Sunday, August 17, 2008

The work of the day



Make it your ambition
to lead a quiet life,
to mind your own business
and to work with your hands,
just as we told you,
so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders
and so that you will not
be dependent on anybody.


1 Thessalonians 4:11






Saturday was the day set aside to replace some of the old, rotten boards on the corral fence.


Did I mention it was hot.

No...sweltering! It was HOT!

Notice the saggy bottom in the corner? I'll explain later.



Cowboy hats required for shade, not just to look very handsome and manly.




It was a lesson in many things.




My son drove the truck for the first time by himself.










Okay, my husband has taken up running, ya know? He is training for a marathon this fall. He has lost almost 50 pounds since last fall. Wow!
But he won't let go of these old pants of his. Now they are his work pants.




Honey, I love you and am so proud of you, but please My Love...





...it's time to ditch the pants.





No comments: