Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tulsi time

I'm trying to get off the coffee.



What about you?



You on or off?



I'm pretty sure it's not a caffeine thing that I'm hooked on. I think it's the taste, the warmth, and umm...did I mention taste? Yah, I think that's pretty much it.


I want to be a tea drinker. I really want to BUT I'm just not that into heated up water. That's what tea tastes like to me. To me it feels like a pretend drink. It's just water people! It doesn't have that heartiness that I experience with a stong cup of coffee and real cream, but I'm trying.




I'm not a slacker! I'm doing the work!


Enter Red Chai Masala.

COME ON IN Mrs. Tulsi!


I found this at the health food store, it's not coffee, but it comes closer in my mind than hot water. And no caffeine!

I use a little cream and sweetener and it's just about right.

How about you? Calling all the tea lovers out there, recommendations please? What do you like? Please leave your favorites in the comments.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Okay, what is so wrong with coffee? Can't you just drink decaf?

Debra said...

Well, the bottomline is caffeine. I don't think it's bad to have coffee in moderation, but for me right now, I'm trying to avoid it.

Decaf, I have been told by my midwives (but I don't have actual studies) is worse for you than regular because of all the chemicals used to extract the caffeine.

And this last part is just extra weird... a friend I know used to roast coffee for a local coffee house. He said to make the flavored coffees, he had to add this powder that came with a biohazard label on it! He said that unsettled him. Why was he putting this toxic material into food?

I'm just trying to learn to like something that is healthier for me.

Debra said...

And no, I'm not pregnant.