Thursday, February 08, 2007

More uses for Cayenne

The following is from the book Left for Dead by Dick Quinn. (Dad, see leg cramps section)
After reading his book, if I was going to buy cayenne, or definitely if I had a heart problem, I would buy his cayenne. His Power Caps sound great! You can read about it here.

Cayenne was used medicinally in ancient Egypt and is found in some of the oldest tomb art. It didn't get to Europe until 1493, when Columbus returned from his first voyage to the New World. He discovered it along the Cayenne River on the largest of the Cayenne Islands off the north coast of South America. The island was later to be home for the French penal colony called Devil's Island.

Cayenne was found to have remarkable healing and disinfecting powers by the ship's doctor while still on the voyage. Crewman on wooden ships get many slivers, which often become infected. Cayenne killed infections and stopped even the most profuse bleeding instantly. It was also effective against scurvy, because of it's vitamin C.

Modern researchers have confirmed many of cayenne's medicinal powers. Dermatologists at the University of California, Davis, have discovered it causes surgical wounds to heal faster than antibiotics.


How I avoid leg cramps

Circulation is the key to avoiding leg cramps and cayenne is the key to circulation. Prickly Ash, Cinchona (also called Peruvian Bark) and Gingko Biloba stimulate circulation in the legs.


How I lower cholesterol and clean my arteries

I take cayenne, garlic, onion and ginger to keep the walls of my arteries clean and help my body rid itself of cholesterol. Cayenne causes my liver to produce less cholesterol. The combination of Ginger, Garlic and Onion has been shown in controlled studies to lower cholesterol as effeciently as drugs, with no liver damage or other side effects. Side effects of cholesterol-lowering drugs can be far more serious than high cholesterol.


How I regulate my blood pressure

The most recommended herbal combination to lower blood pressure is cayenne and Garlic. Valerian is also said to lower blood pressure. I take all three every day because I have a history of high blood pressure.



How I avoid a heart attack

I take Cayenne and Garlic first thing in the morning to make a heart attach less likely. Most heart attacks occur in the morning, when the arteries are constricted because of stress, caffein and other factors. Cayenne and Garlic open the arteries, stimulate the heart and dissolve blood clots that cause 95% of all heart attacks.


How I would stop a heart attack in progress

Dr. John Christopher showed a heart attack can be stopped by putting Cayenne tea under the tongue or having the patient drink it. Just stir up some Cayenne and warm water.

No comments: